10 July 2020

3-D sketching again

Working the internal structure now.
Kinda fun AND kinda pointless.
It fills the covid-19 quarantine time, though.

This has also given me a chance to learn how opensimulator works a bit better too. I'm still curious to tinker with a physics engine using clados for the underlying geometry, so I've pulled a copy of the Bullet physics code to study too.

My system can handle reasonable sized physics models, but for now all the prims are non-physical. They aren't phantom, though.

Intended precision on the airship model is about 1 mm.

... and yah. I've tinkered with the landscape by pulling down a map of Ventura county and the Channel Islands. Scale is way off, of course, but it looks about right until one inserts objects. That little water inlet in the picture is the salt marsh area near NBVC Mugu. The port at NBVC Port Hueneme is just out of camera range on the left.

No comments: